How to modify a page
How to modify a page
This site contains general information about HTML, but mostly it contains help for the following:
Currently a lot of OpenSP and Accessibility pages have missing samples or unclear descriptions. You are welcome to contribute and improve these pages, or you may add a new page for topics that interest you about HTML. To do this, click on the EDIT tab on the top of each page.
Wiki Page Structure
When editing a page, please follow these guidelines. For the following errors, the structure of the page is the same:
- Title: There should be an error title on the top of the page
- Cause: A cause that explains the reason for the error
- Example: Some error samples. Often a bad sample and a good one that show how to correct the error will suffice
- Solution: A short description of the fix for this error
- References: URL References to W3C specifications or other interesting links about the topic.
Here is an example structure using the Wiki markup:
== Title == === Cause: === Describe the cause of the problem here. === Example: === <bad>A sample showing incorrect syntax</bad> <good>A sample showing corrected syntax</good> === Solution: === Describe the solution (or solutions) here. === References: === * Describe the link: http://link.goes.here/
The pages use a standard Wiki syntax. For a quick help, look at:
- Wikipedia Cheatsheet: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Cheatsheet
- Wikipedia Help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Contents
- MediaWiki Full help: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Wikitext
In addition to the above syntax links, and 2 tags: <good>, <bad> for showing the good and bad samples.
You can of course ask questions in the DISCUSSION Tab of the error if the page is not clear.
To test on a empty MediaWiki, please use:
Finally, here is the example of an error OpenSP error. The error is reproduced below, for easy reference:
OpenSP: unterminated comment: found end of entity inside comment
Check that you are using a proper syntax for your comments, e.g: <!-- comment here -->. This error may appear if you forget the last "--" to close one comment, therefore including the rest of the content in your comment.
|<!-- comment here >|
|<!-- comment here -->|
Fix the broken comment.
- W3 validator: http://validator.w3.org/